Private investigators at Lauth Investigations International were contracted by an adjuster in Indianapolis to ascertain if a claimant was falsifying his work-related injuries for an extended vacation. The individual presented a diagnosis from his local chiropractor indicating he was suffering from chronic lower back and recurring neck pain, yet statements from the individual’s neighbor revealed the veracity of his injuries were disputable. After 12 hours of surveillance activities at the claimant’s residence, the assigned insurance investigator discovered the man was able to tolerate his claimed suffering well enough to clean the household pool, rake fallen leaves, and without struggle, carry 13 heavy leaf bags to the end of the driveway for trash pickup. The adjuster was able to make a quick resolution after investigators provided video and a comprehensive written report to close the worker’s compensation claim.
- Case Study | Valerie’s First Case
- California Senate bill requiring companies to implement violence prevention plans to take effect July 2024
- Safeguarding the Workplace: The Imperative for Leadership to Address Rising Workplace Violence
- Case Study | Dreaming of Las Vegas
- Logistical Labyrinth: Unraveling Repetitive Challenges in the Logistics Industry